Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Magnolia

Okay Okay, I know, I know...I had very good intentions of posting last week, but I have been so busy with Falls Fest and work that I am just now getting to it. But you get two posts in one day...Yippee!

As some of you may or may not know, I love to paint! But usually I am painting a room and not on a canvas. I don't know what it is about painting, but I find it very relaxing. When I was little I used to do paint by numbers and things like that. But it has been a really long time since I have painted anything.

I was at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago buying a present for Chloe and I came across "Paint your own masterpiece", so I thought I would try it. It came with all of the paints, a printed 11x14 canvas, a tray for you to mix your paints and directions on how to do it, AND it was only $7.99. So I spent that Friday night painting for 5 hours straight. It went by so fast and before I knew it, it was 1:30 in the morning! This was a really big stress relief for me. I just hope my next painting is as good as this one :)

My husband is so cute! He is so proud and has wanted to show off my painting! We even bought a frame and hung it in the living room.

The Picture to go by

My painting







No comments:

Post a Comment